Tuesday, October 17, 2006

aloha!

Welcome to the first post in the Munka Magazine blog!

I am currently studying an MA in Fashion Journalism at the
London College of Fashion, and the Munka Magazine is my baby project.

Our first piece of work is a 6 page photo shoot, in six days. Or one, if like me you have a job. Excitement! I decided to go all out on a Misfits inspired story and do something halloween-y
horror-y.. lots of fun and bright colours, not taking it too seriously. Not the most amazing idea of all time, but I've learned from experience that in these cases it's best to go on your first ideas rather than fanny around for days brainstorming... The Apprentice has taught me well. Given the space of time, and with a lack of models/studio/decent clothes/money, I went on a raid of Woolworth's and Claire's Accessories, roped in some willing assistants.. and put this together. I was planning on keeping the receipts, but I've found a special place in my heart for my rubber mask and vampire teeth.

This is the first draft [and shrunk down to tiny size] - it will be edited further, but to give you an idea..







































































Let me know what you think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home